Minutes of Meeting

Date
Location
Time
End Time
Present
 

Outstanding Actions

# Action Who Status View
810BVF Confidentiality Agreement Every committee member to print and sign a copy of the agreement and send to Marcia by 14/11/19 (Hard copy only)MS, MJS, LEW, LCW, JRM, GP, GA, CM, CC, BDOngoing
812Italian / German triangular GP to contact Harald Lueders and Leonardo Patti to suggest the possibility of a triangular match with GBGPDone
832GP to send GA the document regarding selection criteria for the World Championships. GA to circulate to the rest of the committee for discussion and then vote.GP, GADone
838Selection for World Championships - 2020 It was proposed by GP that there should be a discretionary place in case of injury. The committee discussed this and felt that there should be further opportunity to look at the options and that those committee members who were not at the meeting could then have an opportunity to take part. It was agreed that GP would send proposed selection rules to GA for circulation to the whole committee. GA to set a deadline for email discussion and then call for a vote (depending on outcome of email discussion.)GA, GPDone
839BVF AWARD: LEW to order two trophies to be presented at the BVF Championships.Done
840CC proposed to purchase defib total package (includes first aid and small fridge. 2nd GA 6 for 1 abstain. The total package to be held by DFO to co-ordinate with Event Managers as necessary. LEW to circulate information to committee then order package. It will be provided for use at the Age Groups. Closed.LEWOngoing
841GA to write to a member regarding numerous complaints on social media.GADone
843WMO: MS to search for alternative venue for 4/5 April if possible.MSDone
844PUBLICITY: LEW to write publicity for BVF to send to BF for circulation.LEWDone
849DATA CONTROL: implement a back-up to the Cloud.JRMOngoing

New Actions and Decisions

# Action A/D Who
851Treasurer - GA to contact Caroline ref current situation.AGA
852AGM 2020 - Options were discussed regarding AGM. It is not possible to hold the AGM as planned this year as the Winton has been cancelled and it was decided (5 for and 1 abstain) to not hold a Zoom AGM, but to wait for the time being until the COVID-19 situation is such that an AGM can be held. (This can be reviewed in the next few months.) It was agreed that 'AGM documents' will be sent out to membership by the end of September - Chairman's report, Accounts etc. There is no provision in the Constitution for elections to take place other than at an AGM, and it was felt that membership will support this. Documents to be prepared and sent out to membership.ALCW, JRM, GA, CC
853BVF International - GP has booked hotel with 28 days' notice of cancellation i.e. beginning of December. It was agreed that at this time it is not possible to predict if the event can take place, but the closing date for entries will be 30th November. By that time, we will make a firm decision. If the decision is to go ahead with the event, and it subsequently has to be cancelled after 30th November then all entry fees will be refunded, but not travel or accommodation. (This will be made clear on the entry form.) MS pointed out that there will be a 20% cancellation fee of the venue after 1st December. GP to contact EVF (Caryl Oliver) ref inclusion of sabre, as previously discussed with her. Proposed BD - 2nd LEW. 5 for 1 abstain AGP
854Competitions and Event Managers for 2021 - Discussion on events for 2021 and the appointment of Event Managers. It was agreed unanimously: BVF International - Guildford 9/10 Jan - Graham Paul BVF Championships - Nottingham 5/6/7 March - Lindsay Watkiss BVF Age Groups - Manchester 26/27 March - Mike Swiffin (subject to agreement by Mike) Winton - RAF Cosford - 24/25 September - Marcia Stretch European Individual Championships - Thionville 12-16 May - Gillian Aghajan World Championships - Atlanta October (dates tbc) - Gillian Aghajan D 
855Ranking System (JRM) - Discussion was held on the ranking system. The original plan when this was set up was to use it for selection. However, the current selection (ranking system) works well and feedback from membership in 2020 was positive. It was agreed that it was not productive to have two different 'ranking systems' and that the current ranking system (not used for selection) should be discontinued at the present time, but could be reviewed. The Ranking Sub-Committee to be disbanded. The committee expressed thanks to John Mason, Graham Paul, Lindsay Watkiss and Hugh Kernohan. JRM to inform. Website to be updated ref ranking. AJRM, LCW
856BVF Merchandise A request had been received to be official supplier of BVF merchandise. Whilst there was no objection to this, it was felt that this could be put to tender. Committee to consider. JRM to provide details of commission received to date.ABD, CC, CM, GA, GP, JRM, LCW, LEW, MJS, MS
857BVF website LCW presented various options for further development of the website. She will investigate this further and present proposals to committee.ALCW
 

Documents Submitted

# Title Who View
739Ranking - NotesJRM
735Membership Report August 2020LCW
736Outstanding actionsGA
737Chairman's reportGA
738AgendaJRM
741Ranking and SelectionJRM
742Website OptionsLCW
743Guildford InternationalGP
 
  

Sponsors of BVF

Leon Paul

Advertising Rate Card