Minutes of Meeting

Date
Location
Time
End Time
Present
 

Outstanding Actions

# Action Who Status View
690Expenses Policy: to be reviewed in October 2018.MS, LB, JS, JRM, GP, GA, EVG, DROngoing
692Training: Investigate ways of improving team and individual performance. GP to set up committee forum.GPDone
706MEMBERSHIP: JRM to contact BF to add a prompt to the membership renewal form to add a link to BVF for fencers over 40.JRMDone
707TOM CADMAN: It was decided that GA will contact Tom with a view to expressing our thanks for all his help in 2017GADone
714BVF DATA: all committee members to delete any members database that are no longer required on their personal computers.DR, EVG, GA, GP, JRM, JS, LB, MSDone
716DATA CONTROLLER: GA and JRM to create Job Description for this role.GA, JRMOngoing
719AGE GROUPS: GP to prepare statement to membership to be published on Facebook group and website and circulate to members.GA, GP, JRM, MSDone
726SELECTORS: GA to contact Carl Morris to appoint alternate Selectors in case of conflict for all weapons and to provide a list of potential conflict of interest for all selectors and also a pro-forma letter for selectees for acceptance for selection.GADone
728 SELECTION FOR WORLD TEAM EVENT: Committee to discuss on Committee Forum.DR, EVG, GA, GP, JRM, JS, LB, MSDone
733VETERAN TEAM EVENTS PROPOSAL: It was agreed that DR put forward a detailed test competition of the format.DRDone
736RULES FOR WORLDTEAM EVENT DR to draft Rules and forward to GA.DRDone
738RANKING SYSTEM Committee agreed to publish the ranking system with the proviso that a note is added that it will not be used for selection at the present time. It is a work in progress.JRMDone
739COMPETITION DATES 2019 Age Groups 23/24 February 2019 and 2/3 March 2019 - weapon days to be allocated . BVF Championships 12-14 April 2019 JRM to register dates with BF.JRMDone
740COMPETITIONS 2019 DFO to investigate availability of venues for Age Group and National Championships.EVGDone
742WMO GA to write to Peter Baron on behalf of the committee expressing thanks for all his work and to arrange a gift.GADone
743WINTON CUP 2019 LB to investigate the availability of RAF Cosford.LBDone
744WELSH VETERANS OPEN COMPETITION GA to write to M. Robinson to confirm that this may be included on the BVF Calendar and ranking scheme.GADone
746ELECTRONIC VOTING GA has assigned a portfolio to JRM and LB to investigate the possible methods for this by end of April.LB, JRMDone
748GA to contact Paul Wedge re fund raising. LB to contact BF to investigate the possibility of linking BVF with their training weekends. GP to organise a training weekend prior to the world championships and to produce a Training Plan. GA, GP, LBDone

New Actions and Decisions

# Action A/D Who
749WMO alternative. DFO to approach home country Veteran associations to each run an annual ranking competition to a consistent format. AEVG
750BVF Championships and Age Groups 2019. DFO to contact MFC and LP Centre on availabilty for 1-3 March and 11/12 May respectively and approach prospective Event Managers. AEVG
751BVF Championships and Age Groups 2019. DFO to confirm venues/dates and advise JRM. JRM to publish details on BVF Calendar.AJRM, EVG
752Proposed amended constitution. Committee agreed to present V8.1 to the BVF AGM for a yes/no vote.D 
753AGM documentation. LB/JRM to circulate amended constitution with AGM papers by 13th August 2018.AJRM, GA
754Proposal for EVF Team Championships. The committee discussed DR's proposal and agreed that it should be presented to EVF Congress for consideration. GA (EVF representative) to send to EVF. Committee thanked DR for his work on this.AGA
 

Documents Submitted

# Title Who View
596Draft Constitution 8.1LB
606Domestic Fencing Officer's reportGA
598Draft Agenda for AGM 18LB
599AGM Proxy Form - DraftLB
600AGM Nominations Form - DraftLB
601Proposal for Electronic VotingJRM
608IFO ReportDR
603EVFC Team Championship ProposalDR
609Chairman's reportGA
605AgendaJRM
607Treasurer's ReportJRM
 
  

Sponsors of BVF

Leon Paul

Advertising Rate Card