Minutes of Meeting

Date
Location
Time
End Time
Present
 

Outstanding Actions

# Action Who Status View
665West Midlands Open: EvG to liaise with Peter Baron.EVGDone
687Membership Database: Add an on-line enquiry to check membership.JRMDone
690Expenses Policy: to be reviewed in October 2018.MS, LB, JS, JRM, GP, GA, EVG, DROngoing
706MEMBERSHIP; JRM to contact BF to add a prompt to the membership renewal form to add a link to BVF for fencers over 40.JRMDone
707TOM CADMAN: It was decided that GA will contact Tom with a view to expressing our thanks for all his help in 2017GADone
709DATA PROOTECTION POLICY: JRM to publish on website. JRMDone
711BVF PRIVACY STATEMENT: JRM to publish on website.JRMDone
713BVF DATA PROCESSING FRAMEWORK: JRM to publish on website.JRMDone
716DATA CONTROLLER: GA and JRM to create Job Description for this role.GA, JRMOngoing
717BVF CHAMPIONSHIPS: MS to contact hotel and liaise with David Taylor. MSDone
722DRAFT CONSTITUTION: LB to make amendments as discussed and circulate revised document to committee.LBDone
723EGM: EvG to contact Peter Baron to arrange for EGM to be held at the WMO.EVGDone
725EUROPEAN TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS SELECTION RULES 2018: JRM to publish the agreed rules on the website.JRMDone
727APPEAL PROCESS: GP to circulate revised document to committee and Chair of Selectors.GPDone
729WORLD INDIVIDUAL SELECTION: GA to circulate agreed rule to committee and Chairman of Selectors for comments and approval.GADone
731RANKING SCHEME: JRM to investigate results and nominate competitions for inclusion in the ranking system. (non competing committee members).GA, JRM, MSDone

New Actions and Decisions

# Action A/D Who
735EMAIL MINUTES JRM proposed that documents 591, 588, 578, 579 be accepted. 2nd LB unaniD 
736RULES FOR WORLDTEAM EVENT DR to draft Rules and forward to GA.ADR
737COMMITTEE PROTOCOL The Committee agreed a formal reprimand for GP as a result of his actions at the EGM.D 
738RANKING SYSTEM Committee agreed to publish the ranking system with the proviso that a note is added that it will not be used for selection at the present time. It is a work in progress.AJRM
739COMPETITION DATES 2019 Age Groups 23/24 February 2019 and 2/3 March 2019 - weapon days to be allocated . BVF Championships 12-14 April 2019 JRM to register dates with BF.AJRM
740COMPETITIONS 2019 DFO to investigate availability of venues for Age Group and National Championships.AEVG
741WMO DFO to investigate venue/date for this competition.AEVG
742WMO GA to write to Peter Baron on behalf of the committee expressing thanks for all his work and to arrange a gift.AGA
743WINTON CUP 2019 LB to investigate the availability of RAF Cosford.ALB
744WELSH VETERANS OPEN COMPETITION GA to write to M. Robinson to confirm that this may be included on the BVF Calendar and ranking scheme.AGA
745EGM After detailed discussion the Committee concluded that the amendments made to the Constitution at the EGM were of a minor nature and were not substantive. It was proposed that the Committee accept that the Constitution is valid and applied from the date of the EGM. Proposed DR 2nd JRM 6 for 1 againstD 
746ELECTRONIC VOTING GA has assigned a portfolio to JRM and LB to investigate the possible methods for this by end of April.ALB, JRM
747WS Team Captain for ET18 - email J. Hutchison Proposed JRM: The Committee thanks Jane for her email but BVF is not prepared to fund this request. 2nd: JS 5 for 2 abstain D 
748GA to contact Paul Wedge re fund raising. LB to contact BF to investigate the possibility of linking BVF with their training weekends. GP to organise a training weekend prior to the world championships and to produce a Training Plan. AGA, GP, LB
 

Documents Submitted

# Title Who View
574Proposal by Paul WedgeMS
580WS Team Captain for ET18 - Jane HutchisonGA
581Secretary's ReportMS
586Treasurer's ReportJRM
583AgendaJRM
587Chair's reportGA
585International Fencing Officer's ReportDR
592Domestic Fencing Officer's reportGA
593Age Group Event Manager ReportGP
 
  

Sponsors of BVF

Leon Paul

Advertising Rate Card